Saturday 3 February 2018

Production Blog- YCN Dogs Trust Brief- Evaluation (Study Task 2)

Evaluation

Overall I am satisfied with how this project turned out in that I feel we churned out a quality response to the brief, I do feel poor time management may have had a hand in why we seemed to run out of time towards the end. We worked on this brief in the midst of our CoP3 hand in and thus time which normally could have been dedicated to developing a more fleshed out realisation of our idea was instead spent on other projects. I am happy with how I stepped out of my 2D comfort zone to try some 3D modelling, which is something I would like to incorporate more into my practice in future endeavours. I also look back positively on the collaborative process feeling every member of the group contributed something creatively in a constructive way which furthered their own practice.

Strengths
  • Strong overall multidisciplinary aesthetic.
  • Neatly put together final package that fits the brief.
  • Chance to hone my modelling skills in Maya.
  • Sleek, lo-fi 3D background.
  • Strong Concept which effectively communicates desired message.
Weaknesses
  • Poor coordination in regards to art direction in the beginning. (Something remedied in the realisation process)
  • Pixel art could be more consistent. (Varying degrees of detail depending on who drew what)
  • Would have liked to have had time to develop a video mockup to see the work in motion.
  • Doesn't really provide any relevant material for my showreel.
  • Poor time management/ rush for deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment