Sunday 31 January 2016

Captain Character: Model Sheet

Before creating my turnaround it was important that I created a coherent model sheet to lay out my poses and get the proportions of my character right. I had to include a 2/3 pose of my character along with a T-pose, a front and profile view as outlined in the brief. It was important to keep the proportions and linework of each consistent with the previous one in order to ensure continuity, as I will be using these poses as a basis for the keyframes in my character turnaround. One thing I made sure to keep consistent across all poses was the shadows, particularly under the chin and around the knees, as these give the character extra dimension and depth.



I also made a few final changes to the design of the character before finalising my model sheet. Most notably, the character is now wearing short dungarees with wellington boots. She is also holding in her hand a pair of gloves. These additions more obviously reflect the character's occupation as well as balance the design of the character. While before the upper half of the character was more intricately detailed and authored in it's design, by including muddied wellington boots and gloves, the lower half has just as much going on.



Once completing the linework I applied a colour scheme based off one of Jamie Hewlett's drawings of Tank Girl. I chose tank girl as a template for the colour scheming as my character is in some ways based off the aesthetic of the character of Hewlett's Tank Girl. Both base their fashion choices off 90s grunge/post-punk era fashion trends, with the dungarees and striped patterns. The greens I chose for the wellies and dungarees, while applied digitally, was chosen to emulate the effect of slightly faded ink on paper, an aesthetic of Hewlett's Tank Girl artwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment