Saturday 3 December 2016

Study Task: Puppet Master

For one of the study tasks we were required to produce a short animation using the pin tool in After Effects. We were tasked with this earlier on in the module, but I kind of left it until the last minute. I've spent the past couple of weeks animating in DUIK so reverting back to using the simple pin tool and animating with that was a bit of a challenge, as I had gotten used to the features at my disposal in DUIK.


I took a picture of myself mid-stride so I could animate a walk cycle. I wanted the walk cycle to exaggerate the lankiness of my legs for maximum comic effect, and for it to be keyframed in time with the beat of the song. Ultimately, I chose a song with the walk cycle in mind and vice-versa, I ended up going with the opening instrumental to Run The Jewel's 'Blockbuster Night Part 1' as I felt in the context of the walk cycle, it enhanced the humour of the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment