Friday 20 October 2017

Production Blog- LoopDeLoop: 'Love Is Love' - Evaluation (Study Task 2)

Evaluation


The finished product is something I am strangely proud of and have since gone in to incorporate
on business cards and professional branding, even going so far as to purchase the domain sickbirb.com
which I am hoping to redirect to a looping video some time in the future. The animation itself I feel is strong
enough to stand on its own and humorously communicates the theme in a fairly unconventional way. I feel
this animation serves as a nice bridge between the styles I developed in second year and the direction I see myself
taking this year with Extended Practice.

Strengths
  • Strong aesthetic bridges the gap between styles I have developed.
  • Strong keys/character poses.
  • Character design. Something I want to develop further. (Personal branding opportunity?)
  • Sound Design. (Satisfactorily disgusting)
  • Loops nicely (Fulfills LoopDeLoop criteria)

Weaknesses
  • Younger bird character probably could have used more keyframes. (More varied animation)
  • Animation probably would have been better served with more overlapping action/exaggeration.

No comments:

Post a Comment