Sunday 25 October 2015

Pixilation Brief: Developing my storyboards

An important step in developing my Pixilation was creating storyboards to act as a guide as to how I was going to put together my final product. For this I took the same approach as I did for my previous Storyboard project, planning my initial ideas on post-it notes in order to get a feel for the chronology and visual syntax.

As the project was not centred around the storyboards themselves this time around less attention was paid to the detail of actual illustrations and more to the motion depicted. I highlighted using arrows the direction in which characters and objects would be moving at all times, accompanied with a short description detailing the length of certain actions, the framing of the shot and any camera movements that were to take place.


My pixilation begins with a close up of an alarm clock ringing with a soft focus. A hand then knocks the clock off the bedside table and we focus pull to focus onto the person who turns over in the bed, covering themselves with the duvet. The lump, then begins sliding towards the end of the bed.


We then cut to a shot of the hallway, with the wall out of focus in the foreground. The door on the right, slowly opens and out slinks the person, lying face down as if still asleep, moving across the screen towards the bathroom. Then, we cut to a series of quick whip-zoom close ups of various bathroom objects as to imply the person is getting dressed.


We then cut back to the same shot of the hallway as before, this time with the person moving from the left to the right side of the screen, back inside the room. Then cut to a mid shot of the person stepping into a cupboard. The doors close and after a brief second the doors open to reveal them in a new set of clothes.


The person then steps out of the cupboard and we cut to a close up shot of a pair of shoes, which tie themselves when they put their foot inside of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment