Friday 21 October 2016

Responsive Briefing

On Thursday we were given our first brief for the Responsive Module of our Studio Practice. For this first studio brief we are tasked with responding to one of several individually focused live or competition briefs as a way of demonstrating 'emerging creative interests and professional ambitions within animation.' On the college's E-Studio, we have been given a list of potential websites with potential briefs to respond to, so most of my time was spent researching into what brief I feel I want to respond to in order to reflect my own individual creative ambitions. I was immediately drawn to the website Loop-de-loop, which runs a monthly international animation competition revolving around a key phrase, which this month is 'Breakfast'. I was inspired by the sheer variety of the responses so far from gifted animators around the world, who showcased a diverse range of abilities. For this brief I definitely want to stray away from my usual stylistic trappings and experiment more, particularly with motion graphics, 2D-Rigging and 3D, though the relatively short turnaround that is expected for Loop-de-loop probably doesnt leave much time for me to learn 3D character animation to my own required personal standard. Still, I am very much looking forward to exploring the brief as I feel it will come as a welcome change to what I am currently doing on Character and Narrative. One thing I definitely want to ensure and lay out from the outset is that the final outcome of this module be completely different in style and tone to what I am currently working on in the Character and Narrative Module.



No comments:

Post a Comment