Thursday 25 February 2016

Final Turnaround

After evaluating my previous turnaround I decided to redo the in-betweens using animation paper, as the quality of the in-betweens when I produced my turnaround digitally suffered due to the lower resolution in which I drew them. As I drew them in photoshop, the images could not be scaled as they were drawn usig bitmaps as opposed to vectors, which would have allowed the drawings to be scaled to the desired resolution. This was an error on my part and something I will make note of in my evaluation at the end of the project. 


My final turnaround displayed above fixes some of the problems regarding image quality and continuity that I had with my previous turnaround, but some issues still apply. The proportions of the character are still all over the place and the overall motion, due to poor planning on my behalf, is jerky and inconsistent. While I do not have time to redo the turnaround for a third time I feel it is important to highlight where I went wrong and what could be done in the future to amend some of these problems. For starters, when producing any kind of animation, though particularly traditional 2D animation, it helps to plan ahead of time using a timeline where the keyframes are to be positioned and how many in-betweens are to be used in-between the keyframes. In this turnaround, which as stated in the brief had to include at least 12 drawings, I drew 4 keyframes to use as a starting point which leaves me with two frames in-between each keyframe within which to animate. The problem is that I did not evenly space these out in the drawing process, resulting in a  jerky looking motion. 

As it stands now, while certainly an improvement over my previous turnaround, there is still room for me to grow and expand my skills as a 2D traditional animator.

No comments:

Post a Comment