Friday 6 November 2015

Finished Animation and Reflection

After working tirelessly for just over a week on my final animation I am certain in having fulfilled the brief and assessment criteria to a reasonable level. I am particularly pleased with the tone, colouring and the drawings themselves which I feel reflect my ability fairly well. Judging by audience feedback I received from my peers so far, the joke seems to come across clearly also, which as relief, as this was my primary concern during the production.


While I am satisfied with the final animation on the whole, I do feel that there are some areas upon which I could improve in the future, most notably in the number of in-betweens and overall fluidity of the animation. The animation is displayed at 24fps and the characters are animated on twos, making them 12fps, however I lingered on some of the frames for a longer amount of time leading to some areas of the animation at the end to be played at sub 12fps, which for me is disappointing, though not a huge detriment to the finished product.

 There could be more movement or motion to the final product in the first few seconds of the short, which could be achieved through animating some of the background characters or applying line boil to the main child character in order to amend the perceived stillness. I also feel that some of the linework could be tidier, as it is clear upon closer inspection what frames were scanned in as keyframes and which were in-betweens generated digitally. I hope to, in the future, produce an animation in which each frame is consistent and tidy in it's linework. 

No comments:

Post a Comment