Monday 2 November 2015

Finished Pixilation and reflection


After a week of work my Pixilation is finally finished, and although I am satisfied I have fulfilled the assessment criteria outlined in the brief, I do feel that the final product, though satisfactory in that regard could have been improved in a number of ways. For starters, I should have used a tripod, as I had underestimated the extent to which the camera-shake would effect the shot framing and overall aesthetic. While I do feel shaky-cam has it's aesthetic advantages, here it detracted from the pixilation due to it's excessive nature, particularly in the first shot, which is vital to establish the scene. I am however pleased with how the focus-pull from the clock to the person lying in bed was executed as it is a small detail that no many would have noticed but is in a way a movement and action in and of itself.

I do feel however that the animation is too short and over too fast and if I were to produce a pixilation again I would be sure to include more frames, particularly at the start and end of actions in order to ease them in and out and extenuate them. When shooting for my Pixilation I aimed to take at least 12 shots for every action, but upon viewing the final product it is clear I haven't achieved that, resulting in an occasionally jerky pixilation. It's not all bad though, some of the motions I feel did feel fluent in their execution, such as the zipping of the coat, which coupled with the camera pan lead to a fairly convincing shot in my opinion.

Other aspects such as the movement across the hall under the duvet I feel were executed with good comedic timing though I wish I could have exaggerated the arching of the back to resemble more the movement of a slug or worm. I also feel the staging and composition of the frame in those shots could have been better and would have been with the use of a tripod. Next time I will pay closer attention to shot composition to ensure I am abiding by some of the principles sucha as the rule of thirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment