Sunday 22 November 2015

Introduction to Animation: Process & Production

Computers don't create computer animation any more than a pencil creates pencil animation. What creates computer animation is the artist.


-John Lasseter, Chief Creative Officer at Pixar


The aim of this module is to properly explore the process of developing a 2D Animation in order to communicate ideas while also garnering a practical understanding of the fundamental animated production processes.  The Studio Brief for this module is to develop a 25-second animated short using the standard production workflow of Pre-Production, Production, Post Production. The final animation must meet the following technical specifications...

The final animation must be 25 seconds long, excluding the opening and closing titles.

The animation must have an opening and closing title.

The animation must be displayed in 1080p at 24 frames per second.

The animation must be exported as a Quicktime .mov using the h264 video codec.

According to the brief on E-Studio the animation must be an interpretation of the title 'The Other Side', which could mean anything from the other side of a physical space to the more abstract concept of the other side of an ethereal plane.

After evaluating my last project I am hoping to amend some of the problems I faced during my last project, such as time management and keeping my blog up to date. I also hope to garner and document more feedback from my peers and tutors in order to better my work. As it stands right now I am hoping to explore a more serious subject matter and tone for my animation, as opposed to the more humorous and light hearted approach I took to the last brief. This is in order to ensure I have a diverse output and experiment with an array of styles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment